PARC works with Papua New Guinea, the Solomon Islands and Vanuatu to limit the spread of CRB-G to new islands and localities, reduce the existing population in already affected areas, find long-term solutions for CRB-G management through biocontrol and integrated pest management, and enhance regional capacity in pest detection and response management.
The following is the initiative key objectives.
- Secure viable and sustainable coconut and oil palm production across the Pacific that is resilient to the threat of CRB.
- Empower and strengthen capacity of the region using collective action to control the spread and suppression of the CRB population.
- Enhance Pacific ability to prepare for and response to CRB pest incursion
- Upskill national level surveillance systems that are integrated into a regional CRB-G management surveillance system
- Integrate a regional approach to CRB-G biosecurity education and awareness
- Build a CRB-G research and development management system.