Pacific Agricultural & Forestry Policy Network
PAFPNet Netiquette – Guidelines
PAFPNet is a self-regulating network. In the interests of maintaining a constructive and informative dialogue, members are requested to observe the following:
- Members will use the network primarily to discuss and exchange information relevant to agriculture and forestry policies. Message size limit 100kb.
- Members will be respectful of other PAFPNet members.
- Members will not post messages that are inflammatory or lack constructiveness.
- Members will not post messages that contain offensive language or make personal attacks.
- Members will not post messages that promote a commercial product.
- Members who wish to respond to an individual seeking information are asked to respond off-list, not to the whole group. To do this, click ‘Forward’ (rather than ‘Reply’) and copy the sender’s email address into the ‘To’ box.
- Members are asked not to send attachments if at all possible as this can create problems for members with limited internet capacity. We encourage members to put information only in the body of the email and to provide links to other sites where the material may be found, or ask members to make further contact off-list.
You should not respond to or send e-mails to the whole list ([email protected]) if your message:
- is personal;
- only concerns the author of a message;
- is related to subscription issues;
- is a spam. This is an attempt to trick recipients into believing and/or accepting, that something is real, when in fact it is not. It is false.
Your membership to PAFPNet is highly valued and we do appreciate any feedback or comments you may relay to the network.